Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Zimbabwe

One of my very best friends - Ashleigh - lives in Zim. Last year September she asked me to go home with her for a weekend.
When she first asked me, some of my family members are friends were concerned because Zim is so “dodgy”. I wasn’t worried - I knew that God would protect me. Besides, I knew Ashleigh wouldn’t invite me if she thought it was dangerous.

I was really excited to just get away and be somewhere where no one could reach me (yes, I’m one of those people that get excited about things like that)
I can’t remember when last I was that relaxed! Lazy days lying in the sun, exploring the farm and late nights around the fire. Everything is so quiet and calm there.
There were also some really interesting experience - like having a bat fly over my head while sitting on the toilet, giving piggy back rides till my legs wouldn’t move and burning my hand with a log.



Here are some of my fave photos from that weekend...SONY DSC Ashleigh and her dog, BrunoSONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSCAshleigh and I entertained these two until we felt like we’d had a rigorous gym session!SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC
The last 2 were taken with my compact so excuse the quality :)

*Please Note the brown marks on my knees from crawling on the grass with two kids on my back*

Happy Wednesday everyone! Half way to Friday...

No comments: