Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mabula 2009

Every year in winter our family (family meaning my parents, brother and sister, grandparents, mom’s 2 sisters, their husbands and 6 kids) goes to Mabula Game Lodge. I’ve been going there since I was only a few months old and it feels like a second home - my winter home :)

Last year we had enough space to invite Wihan’s family with. It was great having them there, even though it was just for the weekend.
SONY DSC SONY DSC On one of the game drives the grasshopper flew into my head (which always seems to be attracting bugs). I freaked out, just a little, and it flew away. We thought it was gone until my brother got off at the end of the ride and I saw it on his back. The next scene went something like this:
Me: Dante there’s something on your back...
Dante: (Frantically undressing himself and screaming) I CAN FEEL IT! GET IT OFF!
So the grasshopper jumped off my brother and went to sit on Wihan’s dad. As you can see he wasn’t bothered much by it.
*Oh and I just realized you can see me and my Barbie blanket taking the shot :)*SONY DSC These photos scare me a little every time I see them... Especially the 2nd one!SONY DSCSONY DSC SONY DSC Yes I caught the giraffe chewing! Ha! *Chani pats herself on the back* Giraffes can be seen doing this a few times during their meals. They chew the food, swallow it, then bring it back up if it’s not chewed enough. You can actually see the lump going all the way up and down their necks.SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC

Tomorrow’s Friday! Can’t believe that the weekend is here already! I’m glad though... Every day that passes means I’m 1 day closer to my wedding day!!

No comments: