Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gourits | December 2009 | Part 5 of 9

 SONY DSC View from the hotel’s rooftopSONY DSC On the way back to GouritsSONY DSC SONY DSC Prepping for the Christmas show: Each year since we can remember, we’ve put on a concert for the grown-ups. It used to be just the story of Christmas and Jesus’ birth (back when my mom was director) but since my sister and I have been old enough, we started making turns to do the directing each year. We try to mix things up a bit but still make the message, story and reason behind Christmas clear.
This year was Bianca’s turn..
Here are all the props and outfitsSONY DSC SONY DSC Last look at the Christmas tree before starting the big gift opening ceremonySONY DSC I love my family!SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC My new dress :)SONY DSCFirst up this year did the Jesus story:
Here’s Joseph asking Maria to marry himSONY DSC The angel Gabriel appearing at Jesus’ birthSONY DSC Then we did something along the lines of The Grinch that stole Christmas - with a twistSONY DSC At this moment in the story my eyes got all watery...SONY DSC And then I noticed the “old man’s” shirt hanging out the bottom of his boxers and couldn’t stop laughing!SONY DSC After the whole thing my sister and 2 cousins performed a dance on my gran’s favourite song - You Raise Me Up by Josh GrobanSONY DSC And then it was time to open the gifts:SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSCSONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC

The end!

So tomorrow I will be a whole year older! Hasn’t hit me yet - I’m too excited by the fact that I’m going to Italy in just over a month! :) More news on that next time...

No comments: