Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st

Today is June 1st. I know you’re thinking “Duh! I know it’s June 1st”, but seriously - just sit back for a moment and let it sink in that we’re halfway through this year!
And what a big month June is...
In 10 days the FIFA Soccer World Cup kicks off here in South Africa. If you’re planning on going and haven’t bought a ticket yet, chances are you’ll be watching from your couch :) I must admit that I’m not a soccer fan myself but the excitement in the air is pretty contagious! People are driving around with flags in their car windows, Vuvuzelas and other soccer merchandise are being sold on all street corners and in stores, and most people are walking around wearing a shirt representing the team they support.



For me June is a month filled with travel... This is what my month looks like:
* 1 Jun - 9 Jun: Home
* 10 Jun - 18 Jun: Kruger Park
* 19 Jun - 20 Jun: Home
* 21 Jun - 30 Jun: Italy
And then I’ll be home again for 3 days before going to Mabula! I can’t wait to go through all the photos when I’m finally home again!

Here are two photos I took during a recent visit to WarmbathsSONY DSC SONY DSC

No comments: