Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Engela & Ferdie

I met Engela in 2006 when we were both doing a service year at church.


At first we didn’t “click” coz she was part of (what we called) The Plastics – a group of 3 girls who ALWAYS looked perfect, seriously A-L-W-A-Y-S… They made it a habit to get up in the early morning hours before anyone could see them and they’d do their hair and make-up. But later that year The Plastics split up and each of them discovered who they were and made close friends and Engela and I got to know each other. We had so much fun together and I’m still proud of the fact that I taught her how to play Sudoku :)
But Engela was one of those girls who was waiting for Mr Right, praying that she would know when the man God intended her to be with had arrived. Then last year she met Ferdie…
I was very happy for her, but when I found out they met on Facebook I was a bit sceptical – until I saw them together on her 21st birthday. She told me of how they instantly became great friends online and decided to meet for coffee, and how she just knew the first time she saw him that he was The One.

Four months later on their anniversary she walked into her room and written on her bed with Smarties (her fave candy) were the words “Will You Marry Me”

1
SONY DSC SONY DSCSONY DSC3 4 5SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSC 2SONY DSC SONY DSC 20

Engela and Fredie – May you have a long and happy marriage!
Thank you for allowing me to share this wonderful day with you!

xxx

No comments: