Friday, March 27, 2009

Stamp collecting

Just a quick post before I leave for the weekend – going away for a friends wedding, CAN’T WAIT!

 

When my mom was little she started a stamp collection which my gran took over when mom moved out. I wouldn’t say she’s an avid collector since she only shoves the stamps into envelopes and never really get’s round to sorting them properly but still, she has had them for many years and has quite and extensive collection.

 

A few years back she asked all her grandchildren if they would be interested in taking over her collection. At that stage I was less than interested but I found the collection again the other day and asked her if I could have it. After a little hesitation, she said I could. So I am now a stamp collector :)

DSC04060 It’s really very interesting to see the stamps from different parts of the world and from as far back as the 1800’s!

DSC04062-1 My mother planted roses at the beginning of the year and they are looking so beautiful that I just thought to include a picture of them… Don’t they just make you want to sit outside?

DSC03912-1

Have a great weekend!

Chanique

xxx

No comments: