Monday, February 23, 2009

The start of something new!

So it has taken me about 3 days to wonder how I'm going to start my blog, and finally, this is what I decided...

Hi!
My name is Chanique but most people know me as Chani. I am an outgoing person who loves people (especially children) and am doing my best to live a Godly life.


I'm 20 years old and have a younger brother (Dante - 14) and sister (Bianca - 18)


I am engaged to a wonderful guy (Wihan - 22). We have been together for just over 4 years, of which we have been engaged for 2. He truly completes me (no matter how cliche that might sound) and supports me in everything I do.


My best friend (Mieke - 22) and I have known each other for more than 16 years! We've fought, laughed, cried and been crazy together since I was in preschool.


These are just some of the important people in my life that have had a hand in making me who I am and bringing me where I am now.

In 2007 I bought my first camera (Sony DSC-W55) when I received my first paycheck, but it wasn't until later that year that I started realizing my passion for photography.
I always wanted to be creative and felt I had so much talent hidden inside me but never knew how to show it. I couldn't draw like my sister and best friend, I could dance but never had a passion driving me to keep doing it, and then I discovered photography and something inside me awoke! I just wanted to capture the world around me as accurately as possible. I started taking pictures (most of them not very good) of EVERYTHING - from the smallest seed to the tallest tree!

Near the end of last year I got myself a DSLR (Sony A200). What a dream come true! Since then I believe my photography has gotten better but is nowhere NEAR where I want it to be!

So here I am. Ready to learn and share what little I know...
Welcome!... To my little webspace :)

No comments: