Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And they said it wouldn’t work...

Before our wedding, I searched high and low for a wedding scrapbook I liked.
I had an idea that I thought would be awesome, but I needed just the right book for it. Every time I asked a scrapbooking shop if they had wedding scrapbooks they asked me what I wanted to use it for. After explaining they’d reply “Oh no dear, people don’t usually do that... They usually...” The most common “They usually” was that they buy a black paper book and have people write with milky pens. No thanks, not for me...

So what was the idea...?
Well I figured that most people have a guest book that gets signed and most people never look at it again after the wedding. I decided to combine my love for scrapbooking and photos and have the guests make a guest book that I’d WANT to put on display (plus it gave the guests something to do while we were off having our photos taken)


Here are some photos of our guest book table
CW_00404CW_00399CW_00401And here’s 2 photos of my flower girls doing their thing at the guest book table...DSC05642DSC05643And here is the end result...Photography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by ChaniquePhotography by Chanique

So here’s to ignoring what people say you shouldn’t do, not doing things the way you “should” do them, and ending up with something you love!
Thank you to all our wonderfully creative guests for making us such a special reminder of our wedding day!

No comments: